Adulting: Adulting Classic: Write thank-you notes that make people continue to want to do nice things for you
OK, so that sounds terribly mercenary. The truth is that there is nothing bad and everything good about thank-you notes, so you should send them all the time. Someone takes you out to dinner? Thank-you note. Takes the time to interview you for a job? Thank-you note. Present? You know that’s a…
As the first one to recognize Jack as something real, I would think Jamie would have a personal guardian throughout his lifetime :)
whoo hoo I managed to fit this in a bit before new years day!! as my last art piece of the year, i am hoping to many more in the future. have a great 2013 everyone!!
My first reaction to this photo was disgust. Then humiliation. Shame. Rage. Sadness. I thought about all the ways I could have looked better. Not allowing all my fat to shift to the left. Adjusting my tits so they’re closer and my shy nipples are visible. Arching my back. Hiding my arm fat. Molding my body into a better visual.
I know this will be reblogged by people who find me repulsive. I know this will be reblogged by people searching for thinspiration. I know I’ll be laughed at and judged and mocked.
I remember, a few years back, when I was braver about my body. When I posted pictures of myself in my underwear even though I knew half the internet was going to rip me to shreds. But I did it anyway. Smirking and shrugging and saying hi to Something Awful in the photos.
This past year I’ve had guys be interested in me and then decide I was just TOO fat. And none of them bothered to use any kindness in telling me so. I’ve slowly curled inwards. Back to yanking down my sleeves and wishing I were different.
This is a new year. I’m going to love myself and accept my body, no matter how much it changes and shifts as it tries to find its home.
I saved this picture. I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s because it’s the only self-taken photo in which I’m not trying. Not trying to look better. Not trying to hide anything. It’s raw and vulnerable.
And it’s me.
So this is very important to me. Ms. SugarYumYum over here was one of the first fierce fat political women I came across on the internet, way way WAY back in the day when I used LiveJournal and still referred to myself with horrible names and had no faith in my fat. Since then, I’ve followed her all over the place like a little puppy, even to Tumblr! And I look at how far I’ve come, and I truly want to give her props for helping me on my journey.
Her compassion is contagious. Her knowledge is extensive. Her politics are right on. Her sexcapades are out of control awesome. Her journey is inspiring. Her heart is true. Her path is proud. Her body is hers and she’s owning it. Her fight is my fight.
I want body positive folks reblogging this post to outweigh (pun intended, nom!) the thinspiration and asshats that may take advantage of such an open and honest and unapologetic stance on self acceptance.
So this is me, just saying HI, and I love that I know you, and I love learning more about you every day. Cheers to you, girl. YOU A BADASS BITCH!
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
I am here for this.
<3 infinite love to both of you.
My Tips on Fitting Exercise Into Your Busy Schedule
- Schedule it - Mark it on your calendar or planner and treat it as an important meeting, not to be missed!
- Wake up earlier - For a lot of people, waking up earlier than normal is a horrible inconvenience.. but it’s also a great way to get a workout in before your day has even officially begun! (Trust me, it’s such an awesome feeling walking out of the gym as all your fellow bleary-eyed gym-goers are just walking in!)
- Keep your workout gear close-by - By keeping a set of workout clothes in your car at all times, you give yourself NO excuse not to hit the gym after school or work. Just swing by the gym on your way home ;)
- No gym? No problem! - Bodyrocktv on Youtube has AWESOME, intense, at-home workouts that you can do for $0 and minimal time! There are also a massive amount of workout DVDs available online.
- Avoid the elevator - You can burn extra calories by skipping modern conveniences. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, park far away, not in front of the store, skip the car and take your bike..
- Take breaks - Get up from your desk, stretch and go for a quick walk to the coffee machine or the water fountain. Sitting for long periods of time is unhealthy, so give yourself a break.
- Use time wisely - While you’re waiting for the shower to heat up or your ride to arrive, do jumping jacks, push ups, squats, burpees.. anything you feel like to get your body moving. At least it’s SOMETHING.
- Squeeze it in - Even if you don’t have one giant block of time, you can squeeze in 10 minutes here and there of something like Yoga, Pilates or Tabata style workouts.
- On the phone? Walk! - Don’t sit if you spend a lot of time on the phone. When given the opportunity, walk and talk.
If exercise and health is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you’ll find an excuse. You’ve only got one body, take care of it! =)
Happy Birthday to the most adorable person on earth, Dan Harmon.
What Makes You Bootyful Butt Challenge (let’s do it together!)
I love how she says: “We’re going Up, Up, Down, Down, Reach, Reach, Lower, Lower.”
I did this ! So sore …
Might do this after my cardio!
Base By: Jahrenesis